The mission of the Powell County Council on Aging is to maintain a system providing services to Senior Citizens which enables them to remain independent and dignified especially those with social and economic needs.
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., except holidays
Please call for an appointment to ensure availability of staff members
Powell County Transit
- Check out the Powell County Transit web site at www.powellcountytransit.org
- Open to ALL ages. Under age 12 must be accompanied by an adult
- Monday - Wednesday, Friday: 8:15 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. (except holidays)
- Thursday: 8:15 a.m. - 5:45 p.m.
- Free ride to Senior Center
- Phone: 846-1888 Please call 20 minutes before you need the ride
- Now offering twice monthly trips to Butte and Anaconda and once per month to Missoula. Call 846-9789 for schedule and fares. Other towns and dates may be available on request
- Please refer to bottom of this web page for new Title VI nondiscrimination information
Commodity Supplemental Food Program
Information and Assistance Program
State Health Insurance Assistance Program
Assistance on Medicaid, Medicare & Private Insurance Questions
2018 MSP Income & Resource Guidelines, Medicare Premiums & Deductibles, and Big Sky RX guidelines available HERE. For more information from the State Health and Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) click HERE.
LIEAP (Low Income Energy Assistance Program)
Property Tax Assistance Program
FREE Tax Help Available Locally During Tax Season
- It's TAX TIME. For those of low to moderate income, and especially those over 50, your taxes do not have to be a struggle! A trained and certified volunteer will be at a local IRS-AARP Tax Aide Program site soon. Volunteers will prepare and e-file your state and federal income taxes for you. Call Brandi Schwab at the Powell County Courthouse to schedule an appointment--846-9789 extension 2 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
409 Missouri Ave., Suite 109
Deer Lodge, MT 59722
(406) 846-2784 fax
(406) 846-1888 Powell County Transit
Dodie Rennfield ‑ Program Coordinator
Brandi Schwab - Assistant
The Powell County Transit is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in, or denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination in the receipt of its services or programs on the basis of race, color or national origin or any other characteristics protected by state or federal law, including: the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended. Further, under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, no entity shall discriminate against an individual with a physical or mental disability in connection with the provision of transportation service. To this end Powell County Transit updated its Title VI program, as required by the Federal Transit Administration, and is available for review.
To obtain more information on the Powell County Transit nondiscrimination obligations or to file a Title VI or ADA complaint, contact Nicole Cosby at the Montana Department of Transportation (MDT) at 406.444.6334. You have the right to file a complaint of discrimination in writing no later than 180 calendar days after the date of the alleged discrimination. If you are unable to complete a written complaint, please contact MDT for assistance. Mail complaint to: 2701 Prospect Avenue, Helena, MT 59620.
Complaint forms may be obtained online here
or a paper copy can be mailed to you by calling 406.444.6334. Those using a TTY may call 1.800.335.7592 or Montana Relay at 711.