It is against the law in the State of Montana to cause bodily harm to a partner or family member. It is even unlawful to cause reasonable apprehension of bodily harm. What this means is if you are being hit, and /or being threatened with harm, your partner is breaking the law!
Remember: no matter who you are, no matter what you do or don’t do, you never deserve to be physically or mentally abused.
WHAT CAN THE VICTIM-ADVOCATE DO FOR YOU?
- Provide a Safe House
- Crime Victim Advocacy
- Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault survival
- Order of Protection Assistance for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, incest and stalking
- Assist in finding services available to you to stand on your own
- 24/7 assistance
- Community Education and Awareness
- Assistance in requesting Crime Victim Compensation for injuries incurred from a crime against the victim.
409 Missouri Ave., Suite 108
Lower Level of Courthouse
Deer Lodge, MT 59722
Ambrel McKetchnie ‑ Victim-Witness Advocate
(406) 846-2784 (fax)
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. except holidays
24/7 service is available. Call 406-846-2711 (Sheriff’s Office)
and ask for Victim Advocate.
The dispatcher will contact the Victim Advocate to return your call.
Points of view in this Web site for Victim-Witness Assistance are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of the US Department of Justice.