All County offices will be closed Monday, October 12, 2015, for Columbus Day


Orders of Protection Links
Date Rape Relationship Violence Stalking
Donate and Volunteer  How can I help someone in an abusive relationship?  

It is against the law in the State of Montana to cause bodily harm to a partner or family member. It is even unlawful to cause reasonable apprehension of bodily harm. What this means is if you are being hit, and /or being threatened with harm, your partner is breaking the law!

Remember: no matter who you are, no matter what you do or don’t do, you never deserve to be physically or mentally abused.


  • Provide a Safe House
  • Crime Victim Advocacy
  • Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault survival
  • Order of Protection Assistance for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, incest and stalking.
  • Walk you through the legal proceedings
  • Assist in finding services available to you to stand on your own
  • 24/7 assistance
  • Community Education and Awareness
  • Confidentiality
  • Assistance in requesting Crime Victim Compensation for injuries incurred from a crime against the victim.

409 Missouri Ave., Suite 108
Lower Level of Courthouse
Deer Lodge, MT 59722


Amy Barton ‑ Victim-Witness Advocate

      (406) 846-9703
      (406) 846-2784 (fax)
      e-mail: abarton@powellcountymt.gov

Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. except holidays

24/7 service is available. Call 406-846-2711 (Sheriff’s Office) and ask for Victim Advocate.
The dispatcher will contact the Victim Advocate to return your call.


Points of view in this Web site for Victim-Witness Assistance are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of the US Department of Justice.