CLERK OF DISTRICT COURT
MONTANA THIRD JUDICIAL DISTRICT – POWELL COUNTY
Phone: (406) 846-9787
- Until further notice, the Clerk of District Court’s office is closed to the general public and will be conducting as much business by email and telephone as possible
- FILINGS: Where possible, all filings should be done by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (406) 846-1031. Where applicable, the incoming filing fee of $.50 per page is waived temporarily as well as having to mail the original document when it exceeds 20 pages. If you cannot email/fax file, there is a dropbox available outside the Courthouse.
- PASSPORTS: No expedited passports can be processed at this time as directed by the US Department of State. For regular passport applications, call the office to make an appointment
- MARRIAGE LICENSES, PUBLIC COMPUTER ACCESS, SELF REPRESENTED PARTIES: Please call to make an appointment.
- LAW AND MOTION DAYS: Arrangements will be made to allow the lawyers, parties, and witnesses into the Courthouse for law and motion. No spectators allowed at this time. No one but Court staff will be allowed in the Clerk of Court’s Office on these days.
409 Missouri Ave, Suite 302
Deer Lodge, MT 59722
(406) 846-1031 fax
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., except holidays
Tuesdays are Law and Motion day with Judge Ray J. Dayton
Jill Paull ‑ Clerk of Court
Jody Beck – Deputy Clerk
For Court Calendar please see the County Calendar web page
Third Judicial District Court outstanding warrants are included in the Weekly Warrant List linked on the Event Calendar web page
The Clerk of District Court is the official keeper of all District Court records for Powell County. These records include Adoption, Civil, Criminal, Dependent Neglect, Domestic Relations, Guardianship, Juvenile, Paternity, Probate and Sanity cases. It is the Clerk of Court’s responsibility to ensure accurate and up-to-date records. The Clerk also issues, files and records all Powell County marriage license applications and licenses.
The majority of all Clerk of Court records are open to the public. Records are searched daily by title companies, credit agencies, investigative agencies and the general public. Searches, copies and certified copies are provided upon request. Fees for searches and copies are charged according to statute.
The Clerk of District Court also serves as Jury Commissioner for Powell County. As required by statute, each year the Secretary of State provides a combined list of registered voters, licensed drivers and holders of Montana ID cards to the Clerk of District Court. This list is stored and maintained electronically and it is from this list that jurors are pulled for the City, Justice and District Court Judges. It is the Clerk’s duty to maintain an accurate listing of all selected jurors and to pull individual jury panels for the District Court Judge upon request.
Forms and Documents[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]