Minor Open Burning Source Requirements

Burning permits required.

Beginning March 1, 2013, Burn Permits may be purchased online for $5.00 with a credit card at the Montana Burn Permit and Notification Service website . Burn permit purchases for $5.00 cash can be facilitated at the Powell County Planning Office in Suite 101 of the Powell County Courthouse. They may be reached by telephone at 406-846-9795 or email planning@powellcountymt.gov

For information regarding burning and burn permits, contact the Fire Chief of the jurisdiction of the burn or the one adjacent to the burn (see Fire Districts web page). If further assistance is needed, please contact the Powell County Fire Warden Andy Scharf,  406-498-1400  deerlodgefd@gmail.com , or Deputy Fire Warden, William Baker, 406-793-5746, bakes@blackfoot.net

Back to top